Air hockey is one of the most popular arcade games in the world. Combining the ice hockey gameplay with the convenience of a tabletop, an air hockey table is a fun way to spend time with your family and friends at home. But, like other game room tables, air hockey tables come in different styles and sizes with different features. This can make it challenging to choose the best one.
To help you with that, here’s a list of all the best air hockey tables in the market. This article will discuss what features make them the best and their pros and cons. This way, you can avoid spending time and money choosing and buying a table that doesn’t suit your needs and preferences.
7 Best Air Hockey Tables for Any Game Room
Depending on your personal preferences and needs, here are some of the best tables you can get:
1. Best Overall: MD Sports 84" Air Powered Hockey Table
This is a top pick for many homeowners and game enthusiasts. The MD Sports Air Powered Hockey Table is a large, durable table to add to a game room. It has a scratch-resistant surface so it’s ideal for rough plays. It also has a high-powered blower motor that maintains a consistent airflow for a smooth and uninterrupted game.
It features a large LED screen for scoring systems where players and viewers can keep track of scores. It even has a digital timer and produces fun sound effects to keep the games engaging.
- Dimension: 84 x 42 x 32 inches
- Materials: Plastic, Steel, Wood
- Weight: 119 lbs
- Accessories: LED screen, 4 pucks, 4 pushers
- Electronic scoreboard
- Fun stadium sound effects
- Scratch-resistant tabletop
- Durable construction
- Large playing surface
- A little expensive
2. Best Design: Hathaway Midtown 6-Foot Air Hockey Table
Suppose your top priority is the design of the table. In that case, one of your best options is the Hathaway Midtown Air Hockey Table. It has a high-quality look and feel that comes with a retro-like aesthetic. It’s made of a heavy-duty frame that’s built to last.
It has independent leg levelers for a stable gameplay experience on any ground surface. Aside from its digital scoreboard, near-friction-free playing surface, and high-quality air motor, this table boasts its automatic puck-return system.
- Dimension: 72 x 36 x 31 inches
- Materials: MDF, Thermoplastic, Manufactured Wood
- Weight: 117 lbs
- Accessories: LED-lit scoreboard, 3 pucks, 2 pushers
- Retro arcade style
- Digital scoreboard
- Automatic puck-return system
- Frictionless play from its blower motor
- Installation may be challenging for one person only
3. Best Budget: Triumph Fire ‘n Ice Light-Up 54-inch Air Hockey Table
If you’re on a budget, one of the most affordable options in the market is the Triumph Fire’ n Ice Light-Up table. It’s also on the smaller side so it would be ideal for game rooms with small spaces. Despite being smaller and lightweight, it’s sturdy enough to have a fun game with family and friends.
It uses an LED light and abacus scoring system and has a fun “fire-versus-ice” themed design. It also has a nice touch where its corners light up whenever a player scores a goal.
- Dimension: 54 x 27 x 31 inches
- Materials: Plastic, Manufactured Wood
- Weight: 39.6 lbs
- Accessories: LED scoreboard, 2 strikers, 1 puck
- Great for small spaces
- Corner lights
- Suitable for both adults and kids
- Only comes with 1 puck
4. Best 4-Player: Atomic 90-Inch 4-Player Air Hockey Table
Playing doubles in an air hockey game is fun. Luckily, this is possible with the Atomic’s 90-inch 4-player Air Hockey Table. It’s suitable for teen use and can accommodate up to four adult players. It’s a fully illuminated table with a motorized fan for fast and smooth gameplay.
It features LED rail lighting for fun cascading effects during the games. Because of its multiplayer properties, it’s the best option to get if you frequently host big game nights.
- Dimension: 90 x 50 x 31 inches
- Materials: Manufactured Wood, Polycarbonate
- Weight: 227 lbs
- Accessories: Digital scoring system, 4 strikers, 4 pucks
- 4-player design
- Durable construction
- LED rail lighting
- Digital scoreboard
5. Best Multi-Game: Fat Cat Original 3-in-1 Multi-Game Table
For small game rooms, a multi-game table is the best option, and one of the best options is the Fat Cat Original 3-in-1 7’ Multi-Game Table. Aside from air hockey, it has two more popular games you can play: billiards and table tennis.
Its air hockey table features a full-powered electric motor for smooth and fast gameplay. It also has a glossy playing surface with hockey rink graphics for a more engaging game experience.
- Dimension: 87 x 44 x 32 inches
- Weight: 286 lbs
- Accessories: Accessory storage rack, Air hockey pucks and pushers, other accessories for billiards and table tennis
- 3-in-1 table
- Easy to use and switch between games
- Saves space
- Comes with all the accessories needed for all three games
- Stable and durable construction
6. Best Splurge: Pottery Barn Air Hockey Table
If you have money to spend, one of the best and most stunning tables you can get is Pottery Barn’s Air Hockey Table. It’s made in compliance with the regulation standards. It boasts a gorgeous silhouette with X-shaped legs and a slick decorative surface. It also comes in a durable construction with cast metal, steel, and oak veneer materials. Depending on your personal style choice, you can get in two finishes: pine or gray-wash stone.
- Dimension: 83 x 47 x 32 inches
- Materials: Cast metal, Steel, Oak veneer
- Weight: 265 lbs
- Accessories: Manual scoring system, 4 strikers, 4 pucks
- Comes in regulation size
- High-quality and durable construction
- Available in two finishes
- Adjustable leg levelers
- Stunning table design
- Manual scoring
7. Best for Kids: Best Choice Products 40-Inch Air Hockey Table
If you have kids at home or want to give them their air hockey table, Best Choice Products has one of the best tables. Their 40-inch air hockey table is compact and portable. This makes it more comfortable for smaller and younger players to use. It has a simple arcade-like design with a manual sliding scoring system and goal boxes. Despite being small and short, it has a powerful fan motor and smooth surface for smooth gameplay.
- Dimension: 40 x 20 x 8.5 inches
- Materials: Plastic
- Weight: 16 lbs
- Accessories: Manual scoring system, 2 strikers, 2 pucks
- Compact and portable
- Can be placed on a table or the floor
- Perfect for children
- Manual scoring system
Air hockey is a fun, classic game for family and friends. That’s why it’s no surprise that an air hockey game table is a must in a home game room. You can check the list above if you’re looking for the best options. We listed the best air hockey tables for all priorities: budget, multiplayer options, design, and more.
If you want more options, you can always check out our air hockey table collection. We offer high-quality tables from the top, reliable brands to match our customers’ needs!